Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Morning Pick From My Garden & Kale Salad Recipe

About twice a week now, I get a basket of greens from my garden, here in Phoenix.  Swiss Chard, Kale and gourmet Romaine Lettuce.  So, while others are eating what ever they can find in the grocery stores or drive-thru lanes at fast food restaurants, we will still be eating fresh greens.
I had lots of kale so I wanted to come up with a salad from what I had in the fridge.
Here is what I came up with:

Kale Salad
4 cups shredded kale, with stems removed
1 cup finely sliced green cabbage (had that left from St Patrick's Day
2 honey mangoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup lightly salted sunflower seeds, just the nuts, no shells
1/3 cup of Cilantro Lime Salad dressing (Adrianne's) but you could make your own.
Give all ingredients a toss and let sit in the fridge for up to 30 minutes before serving.  The greens will soften and marinate, then taste like candy.
We served this with grilled Salmon!
Yummy!
Happy Eating!! And be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment